I got some new Jalie patterns in the mail yesterday and decided that I would try to trace one and try to get it cut out in the afternoon, when our puppy is usually sleepy. Both kids were gone, so unfortunately, they couldn’t distract him for me.
Felix ( just over 4 months old now) decided as soon as I spread out my sheet of pattern pieces that he would helpfully like to sleep there.
I did manage to trace the pieces I needed by pushing him to various parts of the pattern I wasn’t using right then. It was very comical, but it somehow worked.
I did manage to cut out my fabric, which in this case was 3 recycled t-shirts that have been sitting in a bin for several years, left over from a past job. This pattern is Jalie # 2787. I’d never made any patterns from this company before, so wanted to test the fit before using it with “good” fabric. I have some fitting issues, and made some guesses as to what needed to be changed- basically, I cut the neck and shoulders a couple of sizes smaller than the side seams. I also shortened it a bit as I’m both short and short-waisted. I figured I’d start with that and make further changes from there. I am really happy with the fit that resulted- I’ll definitely be making this pattern again, as well as trying other patterns from this company.