Jalie pattern sewing

I’ve been playing around some more with the Jalie patterns I ordered a few weeks ago. This one is Jalie #2787, this time made with sleeves. The fabric was formerly 3 old t-shirts which I dyed during a recent tie-dye event we had in our front yard with a bunch of the neighbor kids.

purple shirt

The next one is Jalie # 2682. This was the first time I made this pattern. The fabric for this was a dye experiment that I was unsure about. I figured it was good fabric to try out a new pattern as I wouldn’t be out much if the fit needed more adjusting. I ended up loving the result. I did change the sleeves on this, using the bell sleeves from the previous pattern as they just seemed to go with the tie-dye more than straight sleeves would.

Here is the front:

tie-dye front

Here is the back:

tie-dye top back

For both shirts, I used the pattern size that matched my bust measurement for the width and cut the pattern two sizes smaller for the neck and shoulders. I can’t wait to make both of these out of some better fabrics, although both of these will definitely be part of my fall wardrobe once it cools off enough here to wear long sleeves!

Advertisements

2 Comments

  1. Emily said,

    August 25, 2007 at 9:13 pm

    You are very talented!

  2. Dana said,

    September 5, 2007 at 6:18 am

    That is a really cool shirt…and scary. You look a lot like me.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: