Yesterday was “Black Friday” when everyone is supposed to go shopping. Since I’ve been one of those “buy nothing” people on that day for many years, for me it was a wonderful day off. Instead of shopping, I decided to do some experimenting with Shibori stitched resist. I keep a stash of white dish towels that are good for dyeing to use as last minute gifts and/or gift wrapping. They aren’t of a super high quality, but since I’ve never really done much shibori stitched resist, I figured they would work as a beginning place and I wouldn’t ruin any “good” fabric if it didn’t work out.
My husband told me I should have taken some pictures of the stitching before I dyed the dish towel, but I didn’t. I think in my mind it wasn’t going to work out very well, so I figured it would just be more wasted pictures and I didn’t feel like the taking the time. I just wanted to get on with the project. Here are my results (and I do wish now I’d listened and taken a few pictures of the stitiching, but I’ll try to remember to do that next time :)) :
In the picture above, the color is a little washed out. I used Dharma trading’s blue-violet dye, as I like the way it often seperates into different colors and was happy that it worked out that way this time, too. These detail pictures are a little closer to the actual color:
I’m thinking more stitching is on the agenda for today.